Best Top 4 Taupo Playgrounds quick guide as voted by children!
Pirate Playground in Acacia Bay (Besley Park)
Easily the most family fun playground in Taupo!
- Large Pirate Ship
- Incredible views of Lake Taupo
- Surrounded by sand for sand play
- Lots of climbing opportunities
- Plenty of green space for ball games and picnics
- Public toilets across the road
- Tree’s for shade
“ I love how there are obstacles and some of them are hard, they’re not too super easy” Saoirse age 9
“ I love the slides because some of them are really tall” Rosie age 11
- Centrally located in town next to the Superloo Toilets
- The location is officially named the Tongariro South Domain
- Tree’s for shade
- Large climbing Frame
- Round communal swinging
- Playground Section dedicated to preschool aged children
- Wheelchair accessible play equipment located here
- Large outdoor chess set
- Plenty of green space for picnics
- The Lions miniature train ride is nearby
- Located close to the Taupō museum & library, both a short walk away
“ The swings are absolutely amazing, they are good for playing feet tag” Saoirse age 9
“ I love playing in the bushes and in between the trees” Rosie age 11
Spa Park playground
- Located in large woodland setting, tree's, native birds, autumn leaves.
- Plenty of green space
- Large slide
- Sand play
- Swings grouped together, ideal for different ages
- Fitness equipment for adults
- Flying Fox located nearby
- Biking and Scooter/Skate board area
- Otumuheke free hot pools a 10 minute walk toward the river
“ I love the firemans pole there and the whole tree house thing” Saoirse age 9
“ I love the flying fox” Rosie age 11
Spa Park is located 2.4 kilometres / 4 minute drive from Taupō’s Treat Accommodation Click for directions.
Wharewaka Point Playground
- All play equipment grouped together
- Slide’s, swings, rope bridges
- Located next to the lake so ideal to bring swimsuits
- Popular location for cycling along the adjacent path
- Public BBQ
- Shady Tree’s towards the water’s edge
“I like how there are good places to bike” Saoirse age 9
“ I like the spider swing, it is round and is nettish, like a web” Rosie age 11
Wharewaka Point playground is located 6.5 kilometres / 9 minutes from Taupō’s Treat Accommodation Click above for directions.
How many Taupō playgrounds can you visit in 1 day? Well we set ourselves a challenge. On a fresh sunny Winters day we chose our 4 favourite playgrounds and put them to the test. The purpose was to have fun and figure out what we loved most about each playground. We wanted to create an easy, quick and informative guide for our Taupō's Treat guests. In a mere 2 hours we had completed our task and formed the opinion that the Pirates Playground was our absolute favourite!